Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer is finally here!

We are done with ninth grade! Can you believe it? We are done with Jr. High, done with summer and before we know it in high school. Then after that we will be graduated and gone away before we know it too. College in less then four years, it is all just coming and going so so fast. Not a day goes by in my life when I don’t think about the future and where I will be in one year from now, then two years from now and just so on until I get bored thinking. I remember when I was really little, you know like those vacations to Disneyland, first day of school, fun times you had in kindergarten and things like that. It all just seems like yesterday. Well I am really really looking for summer. I think it is going to be a fun one. I just signed up to go to EFY at Weber State. Then only thing is that I don’t get to stay overnight. I will have to drive back and forth morning and night because all the rooms were filled up. But still it will be really fun. Last year I heard how much fun everybody had at EFY when I was an officer last year and got a chance to hang out with the older kids. So in my ward when the young men’s leader said. “Hey everybody we are going to EFY” I was excited cause I had heard so many good things. But I turned out that we were going to this four-hour talk with some churchy guy. It really wasn’t fun at all. So this summer I just decided to sign up with some friends and go with them for the weeklong thing. It should be really fun. Then after that along time into summer I think I will be going to scout camp. This will be well I guess my fifth summer camp. This one is going to be different though. My scout troop is going to go down to Zion National Park and camp for two days. We are going to hike around the park and do the Narrows, which is really fun. Then we will drive down to St. George to play some golf. Then we will stay the night in a hotel and the next mornings go to the St. George temple. They are trying to change it though, I hope they wont cause it is going to be really fun. Then today my mom and I were talking about jobs over the summer. I think im going to try and find one that I can do before I turn sixteen in September. I am already a soccer referee and that makes really really good money. I mow a lot of lawns and ref a lot of soccer games, but the only problem is that reffing only for four or five weeks in the spring and fall. Then I can mow all summer long but still I can only do so much. I make a lot of money in a short period to last a whole year. We decided that my family is going to go to Europe next summer (Not this summer but summer 2009) So I will keep reffing and hopefully find more of a full time job during the day so I have enough money to go. Its going to be fun im so excited. SUMMER HERE WE COME!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a fun summer. It sounds that you have many activities planned for the summer. Hope you have a fun time!