Sunday, September 23, 2007

Cars

I had no idea what to write until I asked my parents. They told me to write about something that I know a lot about. So, while I was trying to decide what to write a car drove by my house that I liked. I knew what kind of car it was because I know a lot about them. Then I thought hey I will write about my favorite cars and what I like about them.” So yes, although I play the tuba I also know about cars believe it or not. I am going to go through the categories and tell you which ones are my favorites and tell you a little about them.

1. SUV- Mercedes-Benz G-Class
There are two different models of the G-Class: The G500 and the G55 AMG. The G500 has a 5.0 Liter, V8 with 292 Horsepower. It goes 0-60 mph in 7.4 seconds.(Which is fast for an SUV.) It holds up to 5 adults. The G55 AMG has all the same features as the G-500 except for a few new performance items. The AMG has a 5.5 Liter V8 at 493 Horsepower. It has been AMG tuned and has a Supercharger which helps out. The AMG can go 0-60 mph in an amazing 5.4 seconds with a top speed of 155 mph. The only problem is the price. The G500 starts at $86,200, and the G55 AMG at $109,900.

2. Car-BMW 760Li
BMW has a 7 Series Line a 750i, 750Li, and a 760Li. I like the 760Li the best. It has a 438 Horsepower, 6.0 Liter, V-12 Engine. 0-60 mph at 5.8 seconds and its top speed is electronically limited to 150 mph. The inside is built to be the ultimate luxury car. Of course it has leather seats, wood trim, and a DVD Navigation System. It also has the option for an in car mini fridge, tv, rotating Tri Zenon Headlights (They follow the road not point in the direction of the car) and my favorite, Head Up Display. Which is a tiny projector that projects the speed of the car and what ever is on the screen of the Navigation System onto the windshield of the car so you don’t have to risk getting into accident while trying to read the directions or adjusting your speed. But, if you want to change your destination the car is also voice activated. This allows you to talk to the cars computer and talk on your Bluetooth Cell phone through your car. All this high end luxury comes to the big starting price of $122,600.

3.Truck-Ford F-350

Well it’s a tie bettween which truck I like better, the F-350 or the F-450. The only differences are the two dual wheels in the back for a wider wheelbase and a standard Diesel engine. The F-450 (Now some people don’t like the two dual wheels. I am one of them. If you like the bigger wheelbase and a much bigger price go for the F-350) So, I am going to choose the F-350. There are 3 different kinds: The 2-door the 2-door with rear half swinging doors, and the 4- door model. This truck also has a big engine it is a Power Stroke Turbo Diesel engine. The engine is a 6.4 Liter V8 which puts out 350 Horsepower. The Turbo Diesel is not standard it’s just most common in the F-350. The standard engine is a 5.4 Liter Triton V8 at 300 Horsepower. Other option’s you can get are: the Diesel or the Triton 6.8 Liter V10 at 362 Horsepower. I am going to tell you about the Diesel. It has Ford Clean Diesel Technology and with emissions like regular gasoline engines. Its Ford’s cleanest, quietest truck diesel ever. Also there’s no change in power or torque. The top speed is145 mph and 0-60 mph at 8.1 seconds. It has six standard seats and roomy interior. One option I like is the folding stairs that comes out of the back of the tailgate so you can get into the back of the truck a lot easier. They start at $38,160 but you will not find the truck you want for that much. If you want the Diesel add another grand or two. So if you want a truck worth driving plan on spending a lot more than that.
Tune in next week to find out my next three favorite cars!

4 comments:

Rocket Boy said...

That is so like you

Brownie Lover said...

Hi Lucas! You're blog is great!

Panda Girl said...

LOL I know like, nearly nothing about types of cars. Those are really cool though!

Lots of Keys said...

Wow Luke, did you take all that from memory? If you did then good job.