Sunday, February 17, 2008

Vacation!

This week was a great week. But it all started out kind of strange. On Sunday I went to go sit down with my family after passing the sacrament. As soon as I sat down my mom leaned over and said, “I think you need to read your scriptures” I just looked at her and was like “umm… ok” and just sat there. Then she said it again “I think you need to read your scriptures right now!” So this time I said ok again and started to unzip my scripture bag. As I finished opening my bag an envelope fell out that had my name on it. So I opened it up and pulled out a paper that said Scripture Hunt. It was a riddle thing that I was supposed to fill out using my scriptures. So I followed all the instructions on the paper and finished the riddle and it said, “Surprise! Prepare this week for those things, which are coming. You will shout with joy and these signs shall follow which shall manifest unto him the truth of all things.” So in other words It said to be ready this week for a surprise and you will keep getting hints. So that was my Sunday clue. Then on Monday after school I went to go get a snack out of the fridge and there was a bottle of water that said “Clue #2” Then when my mom walked into the room she said “Its not the bottle it is the water inside.” So I had to think about that, it means it has something to do with water. I sat and thought about it all night cause I only got one clue a day. I went to bed and got up the next morning and went to go get in the shower. In there I found no shampoo and no soap, instead there was a little bar of soap and a little bottle of shampoo with a post-it note above it saying “Clue #3. You know like the ones from a hotel. Right then I though we are going on a vacation to stay in a hotel and we are going somewhere with lots of water. So lets see this was Tuesday morning. Wednesday rolls around and I can help but think what my next clue for that day would be. Then in seminary my mom comes in with a little bottle of sunscreen and a post card that says “Pack your bags we leave in two weeks.” Then on the other side were the picture is there was a picture of Mickey, Goofy and Donald Duck. So right there in school I found out we were leaving for Disneyland! I am so excited! My parents were not going to tell my little brother and me until the Thursday morning that we were leaving. They we going to pack for us and just get us up at four in the morning and take us straight to the airport to leave. I am kind of glad they didn’t do that. But I wouldn’t have cared anyway. This will be our first vacation since I was in third grade and we went to Disneyland! That was a very very long time ago. We are going to go spend the days we are there at Disneyland, California Adventure, Sea World, Universals Studios and the Beach before we come home. We leave one week from Thursday! I can’t wait!

No comments: