Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fun Week, Getting Ready to Leave!

Well right now I am between topics. Last week I talked about our trip. So since we haven’t left yet I cant talk about that again so I am stuck. We really didn’t do much this week because we are trying to get ready to leave. So I guess I will talk about the few small things that happened. Oh wait Monday we didn’t have school cause it was President’s Day. So I got up that day and waited for an hour and a half sandwiched in the middle of to old ladies talking over me to one another while I was waiting to get my haircut. It was so much fun uggghh. Then after that was over we went skiing. We drove up to Powder Mountain to go night skiing. We got there skied had fun. Oh and we saw someone like run into a tree and the ski patrol had to bring them down on a sled under a tarp. That was kind of weird. We had packed some sandwiches in the car and when we got hungry we went and ate them but the peanut butter was frozen because it was so cold. That was okay though because we were so hungry they were still really good. We skied some more then got in the car to go home. We stopped at a gas station for some drinks on the way home, we kept going after that and were still really hungry so when we got back into town we went to Little Caesars for some pizza. The only thing was is that they were out of pepperoni so there were obviously now pepperoni pizzas. But we were so hungry we still got a ham pizza. I don’t think we have had one taste so good. Tuesday and Wednesday rolled by until Thursday. Thursday was the “One week till we leave!” marker and also the Solo and Ensemble festival at the school for band. I played both a solo and an ensemble there and did fairly well on both. First was my ensemble. It was a tuba and euphonium duet. We did really well be we got stuck with a song that doesn’t sound very good. Even though we played it right it still sounded kind of bad. Then after we played that I played my solo. It was an accompanist and I. She was on the piano and I was playing my tuba. But the only thing is that my accompanist is blind. But she is amazing so I asked her if she would make up an accompaniment to my song. She said yes and we worked on it and sounded really good. We ended up doing really well in the competition. It was a lot of fun too. Saturday some friends and me went swimming and had a really good time then went over to one of their houses to play Rock Band. Then today was my cousins farewell for his mission to Toronto Canada. He leaves one week from Wednesday. It’s really weird because he is not much older than me. He is the first on to go on my moms side of the family and I am next to go. Really scary huh. Well I leave on Thursday for California so wish me luck!

1 comment:

Lots of Keys said...

Hey I saw you back in school today. I bet your trip was fun!