Sunday, May 11, 2008

LOL!

Discussion board today brought up a lot of thoughts about the life of teenagers. Friday I was talking with a friend about teenagers. When I was little I would always say and think “Stupid Teenagers” when I saw them riding their skateboards or walking around causing trouble. It seems weird when I think that we now are the teenagers causing trouble around. I write a lot about growing up and stuff and this is just another thing I have to say. Anyway back to the Discussion Board question I had to think that article. Think for a minute about what you do in your day. I am not a big texter but I know that others out there are. How many text messages do you use a day? How much time do you spend on the computer a day? How much of that time on the computers is spent emailing or IMing? All of these studies out there show that even though Americans are getting really social by cell phones, emails, texting, IMing and everything else, but do you really think that we are more social? Or are we becoming more unsocial by always having to be entertained by our phones, or computers? IM's, text messages, e-mails, and every other way of electronic communication are taking over teenager's writing and in my opinion their lives. Everybody now uses "text talk". (lol, thnx, nmu, idk,) I have never used text talk, and actually I find it really really annoying. All my friends laugh at me when I text, IM and Email, because I always use correct spelling, and grammar. Think about all the people you know. Who spells out every word and has every punctuation mark in the write place? Not many that is why I get made fun of. (I guess I am just making Mr. Thompson proud.) I think everybody has his or her own opinion about this subject but I think that America is become very unsocial. I don’t know everybody has their own opinon about everything and that was mine! GO JAZZ!

No comments: