Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fun Fun Fun

This week I went to the Solomon Center twice. For those of you who don’t know what that is that is the place in Ogden that took the place of the mall. It has the Indoor Skydiving, Surfing, Rock Climbing, Arcade, Bowling Alley and places to eat. So on Monday since we didn’t have school my family decided to go there and eat lunch and watch all the fun. So we got there wandered around the arcade and went to eat pizza at the Pizza factory. I got the humungo cinnamon and sugar breadtwist (you know those little breadsticks they twist on a stick) and had a hard time eating it because it was so big. Then after I managed to eat the rather large bread thing and my pizza my family wandered up stairs to where they have Ifly, the indoor skydiving. The best way I can explain it to you is there is this big glass tube with a really big fan in the bottom of it. Then they turn up the fan so the wind is well over 100mph. We really wanted to watch somebody try it out and while we were waiting this really old couple walked into the room. They got on the funny looking jumpsuits prepared to go fly. I was like “They are going to fly!” It really surprised me that this old couple would do something so daring. So as the workers fired up the giant fan and the old guy went first. He just jumped into the giant tube and started floating in mid air. It was amazing it looked like so much fun. So after the old guy went it was his wife’s turn. She was scared to death. You could tell because the whole time before she went she had this horrified look on her face. But I think it turned our really well because it seemed like she had a lot of fun. So then the guy went again and he was doing tricks the whole time. He was actually pretty good I could tell that he has done it before. It was funny because the air was blowing the skin on their face and it looked really funny. So then after that we went to watch the surfing. That looks like so much fun also. I really want to do it for a young men’s activity. I had a planning meeting at the Hoskins house, and suggested it to him. We will see if he will let us do it. Oh and by the way Bro. Hoskins is my scoutmaster. (Hoskins had Mr. Thompson and Mrs. Cobia when he was in school and is good friends with Mrs. McEwen.) Anyway I watched all of these ex-surfer dudes from California rent the place to try it out. I looked like so much fun. My little brother has done if for a birthday party and he loved it. I think that I am going to gather a bunch of friends up over Thanksgiving and rent the place. So if you are my friend start saving your money cause chances are I will be calling you soon. Then after we watched them we went home. Then when I went back on Thursday I did the same thing but this time ate at Costa Vida and did the same thing. It was way fun.

No comments: