Sunday, November 25, 2007

Surfing in November! (And in Utah!)

Well this week was a perfect week and I had so much fun. After my short week of school I had to waste time until my best friend flew in on his airplane really late. So my best friend moved to Tennessee the summer of my sixth grade year. It is tradition that he comes out to visit every Christmas and the summer when school gets out. So this year they decided that instead of coming for Christmas they would want to come for Thanksgiving so they could experience their first Tennessee Christmas. So he flew out on Tuesday and he was going to spend that night at my house. So his plane came in at 11:30 and he got to my house at midnight. Then he was all hyper because he was all excited to be here and stuff. So he got here we talked then I convinced him to go to sleep. Then the next morning we got up and went surfing. I don’t know how many of you have been to the Salomon Center that I mentioned in my last blog. But that’s where we did it. They have this thing called Flowrider. It’s this platform thing that the shoot jets of water over. Then you jump onto it and the moving water makes it like you surfing. That’s the best way I can explain it. Anyway it was so much fun. First I did the boogie boarding. You lie on this boogie board and jump on. The water shoots underneath you and you stay relatively still. Then you can just sit and “go with the flow” (ha ha ha ha) or you can try to do tricks and stuff. I managed to do a barrel roll. Then if you biff it they powerful water flow will throw you up into the air. Then you hit these drain things that hurt. But it’s worth it. I can do the boogie board well but I still have a hard time with the surfing part of it. I can stand up for a little while then I always will fall. So after all that fun was over my friend wanted to go to Crown Burger for lunch. Then after that we went to another friends house. Then later that night went to see the Bourne Ultimatum. It was really good and I really liked it. Then the next morning was Thanksgiving. After I dropped my friend of at his grandmas I went to my own grandmas for my fist Thanksgiving dinner. Then ill be you can guess what I did there. EAT and EAT. Then after that we started the long drive to Draper where my other grandma was having her dinner. So yes my family goes to two dinners on Thanksgiving. Then guess what I did there. We ate again, ate some more. So anyway there is my week. My super uber fun week (there is your word of the day). So if you have a lot of money laying around go do Flowrider its worth it!!

1 comment:

Lots of Keys said...

I'm glad you got to see your friend. I know how annoying it is to move away from them... THANK HEAVENS THE INTERNET EXISTS!