Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ho Ho Ho Merry Tubachristmas!!

This week I had a lot of tuba playing. We rehearsed a lot for the band concert. I had to stay after school Monday, Tuesday and then I had a concert on Wednesday night. The concert went really well I thought. Then again tomorrow (Monday) we have an assembly where guess what. We are performing again twice, at First assembly and second assembly. Like I mentioned last week Saturday was Tubachristmas at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City. It is where a bunch of tuba players from all around Utah and even some from all around the county get together to perform Christmas music for the public. The past little while it has been at the Gateway next to the fountain. This year was the 34th performance in Utah. I have played in it for the past two years and plan to keep playing in it. It all starts with a rehearsal in side that really really old high school I think its West High. Then after the rehearsal we went shopping around in the mall. I just wandered around killing time until the performance. Then we were sitting on some benches next to the fountain when this lady comes out of the Apple store pushing this cart around with two really nice computers on it. She was an employee for Apple and was taking the new computers to this lady’s van. She had bought the computers and the Apple lady was there to load them into her car. So as she was crossing the street in her really big high heels (that clomp really loud) she hit a bump and the computer on the top goes falling off the cart and goes splat on the ground. “Oh no!” Cries the Apple lady as she rushes over to pick up the fallen machine. (She wasn’t the brightest person ever you could tell this by the way she said oh no.) After she places the computer back onto the cart and finishes wheeling the computers to the lady’s van. Then she opens up the back of the van loads in the computer and the lady drives away. I couldn’t believe it. I would have expected the lady to go back into the store to get another one because she threw the other on the ground but no she still just gave it to the person who bought it. So after that whole incident I went and performed successfully and went out to Crown Burger after. Then I went to the dance thing that night. It was my second one but I plan to go to them all. They are having a dancing contest in a few months. It is a Latin theme. I will probably enter. We will see I willll keep you updated and let you know about my dancing Ha Ha Ha Ha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tuba Christmas was a BLAST!!! We should do it again next year. Nice blog.

I.N.H. said...

You're still going to be my dance partner? right?

Panda Girl said...

Ha ha, wish they had Flute Christmas!!! LOL
Dancing contest? What is it for? Like the Regional Dances? (Sorry, I'm confused!)

I.N.H. said...

ya its for the regional dance this coming month...I still don't know if he was just joking about being in the contest or not??