Sunday, December 9, 2007

Movies, Pancakes, Tubas and More!

Saturday was a crazy but fun day. I had a ward Christmas party in the morning that started at nine o’clock. But before that I had a meeting I had to go to that started at seven o clock. That’s really early on a Saturday morning. So after that we spent all day running errands that needed to be done. My little brother had a basketball game at five thirty so we went to that then straight afterwards I went to the mall. I can never go to the mall and just look around with our finding something that I like. Then when I find that something I like I always buy it. That’s why I can’t go to the mall to often or else I would have spent all my money. Anyway as I was wandering around there my friend called me and asked if I wanted to go see a movie with him and his dad. I told him yes and at about 8:45 they cam and picked me up. We went to go see “The Golden Compass”. It was very interesting but I have to say that I enjoyed it. It’s about these people from like another planet or something, and their souls live outside of their body in the form of an animal. Then this evil lady shows up and starts separating the souls form their bodies. I don’t know it was kind of strange but it was still pretty good. Then after that it was like 11:35 at night and we decided that we were hungry. We were driving along then we decided that we wanted to go to IHOP. I was shocked how busy it was. There were lots of people eating and when we were leaving out the door there was a line of people waiting for a table. I was amazed that people would even go out that late but let alone to go eat! So anyway it was like way fun and they had way good food. He wants to go see another movie next week so maybe we will have a ton of fun again then too. Oh and speaking of next week, its Tubachristmas. Its where a bunch of tuba players from around Utah go and play Christmas music at the Gateway for all the holiday shoppers. Since I play the tuba im going to go play with the tuba band. This will be my second Tubachristmas. I went last year and had a blast. I usually go play in the concert then go do a little shopping my self a little later. (Speaking of going to the mall and always spending money. Ha Ha Ha) Last year at Tubachristmas we saw Matt Harpring from the Utah Jazz doing some shopping. It should be way fun again this year as long as it doesn’t snow or rain on us. Which would be really bad since its outside by the fountain. In case you want to come it starts at 1:00 at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake. Just look for the really big shiny instruments by the fountain! (Its extra credit for band if you come too!)

2 comments:

Lots of Keys said...

I saw the Golden Compass on Friday. It really wasn't half bad.

Soccer Dude said...

That was fun, and hopfully see u at the gateway