Sunday, December 23, 2007

Almost Christmas!!

Well I think the most exciting thing about this week is just the anticipation of Christmas. Christmas comes and goes so fast you really don’t have time to enjoy. I know my Christmas is very busy. We are usually gone all day except for a few hours in the morning to open presents. That’s why Christmas Eve is usually a lot more fun to me then Christmas day. You can still kind of relax and you have all day to be excited. Just to sit and think about the presents you will be getting and the presents you are giving is fun. I always like to think about what I have got in the past and how much fun I had playing with them on Christmas morning. I love giving, though I always definitely love to receive gifts I think is way fun to see the people’s faces when they open the present you gave them. This Christmas I participated in two Sub for Santas. The first one was for Young Mens. Our scout leader said that we couldn’t use any of the churches budget. So we had to come up with our own way to make money. We decided that we would take things that we didn’t use anymore and sell them on ebay. They were up for bid for a week and we ended up getting almost four hundred dollars for all of our stuff. That was a lot of money. There are three kids. One boy our age and two little kids like less than five years old. Last week we went shopping to Target to get all of the items. We spent four hundred dollars in presents and food to give to the family. Then Sunday my Young Mens group got together to wrap the presents and make the dinner so we could drop it off that night. It was fun really fun actually just to get together to talk and just have fun. So we cooked dinner and as soon as it was done we gave it to the family. I personally didn’t go because they wouldn’t let me. Since this person currently goes to our school and chances are I know him they didn’t want it to be awkward for me or for the kid to know that I knew that he was really poor and we had to give him Christmas if that makes any sense. After the dinner and presents got dropped off we ate a Christmas dinner ourselves that our leader made. We talked and had a good time then went home. So as usual as everybody says just remember the true meaning of Christmas. Also remember those who are less fortunate than us. We have it pretty good getting a lot of the things we want. There are lots of people out there that have a hard time just affording to eat and really just plain stay alive. I know on Christmas morning I will just be thinking about the family that we gave Christmas to and the joy that they are having because of a few kids.

1 comment:

Lots of Keys said...

Personally, I like Christmas day best. I don't get to use any of my new things... but meh. It's pretty cool that you helped make someone else's Christmas. It was a nice thing to do.