Sunday, March 9, 2008

California: Part 2

Since I have so much to talk about, I have split up my writing about the trip is a few parts. So here is part 2. Wow I am only on day two. Ok then Friday we packed up the car in the morning and headed on down to San Diego to go to Sea World. We stopped for some Subways about halfway there. Finally we pulled into Sea World. We got in and the first thing we did was ride “Journey to Atlantis.” It was so much fun. It’s a mix of a water ride and a roller coaster. Fist it’s the traditional climb up the slope. But then it drops you with a splash down the big slope. Then the river carries you around and into an elevator. The elevator grabs your car and takes you to the top. That’s where the roller coaster starts. It was a lot of fun. Then we went to go see a pet show, Shamu and the dolphin show. Before we knew it the day was over the park was closing. But that was my favorite part of the whole day. We got to the car and were hungry so my dad said, “Oh I know this good Mexican place”. So we drove into Old Town, San Diego. It’s a State Historical part of San Diego that seems like it has been frozen in time. So we arrived there parked our car and walked up main street. I felt like I was in the small olden day village in Mexico, kind of like the city Nacho Libre. Anyway we got to this really old restaurant. It looked like a very small house decorated with normal lights, Chile pepper lights and cactuses on the porch. We walked in to the sound of two men in sombreros playing their guitars to some Mexican tune. We were seated in the very small dinning room and I looked around and the ceiling was covered with hanging Piñatas. (Later on I figured out the restaurant was called La Piñata) We ordered got a really big plate of food, which we ate to live guitar music. I think the best Mexican food I have ever had. (Aside from Café Rio but that doesn’t count) We loaded our leftovers in a box and started out long drive back to Anaheim in the fun California traffic. The next day was Universal Studios. We watched the fun shows about how they made all the movies, and rode the exciting movie rides (and for those of you who have been there, rode escalators all day). My favorite was “The Mummy: The Ride” da da da. It was fun and FAST! Once we knew it again the day was over and the park was closing. We dove back from Hollywood to Santa Ana where we stopped for Olive Garden for dinner. While we were waiting to get into dinner we walked through the mall. We played the game if “Find the most expensive clothing item.” I won with my $350 plus tax pair of jeans. We ate then once again called it a night. I only have a little more to tell you so I will start next week’s blog with the end of my trip!

No comments: