Sunday, March 23, 2008

Car Search

I don’t know if most of you know or not but my birthday is in September, which means I will be sixteen in a little over five months. I will be getting my drivers license then. (Scary huh) My parents don’t want me to have a car but they want me to be able to drive. So they are going to buy a car and let me use it, but it is not my car it is theirs. (They keep stressing that part) So since cars are my obsession, (and it may be time to start looking for a suitable car for me) I was browsing around KSL classifieds for used cars. Friday night I was searching there for cheap cars for me to “use” when I turn sixteen. I happened into the BMW section (which happens to be my absolute favorite brand of cars) and I found a little red 3 series. It was perfect for me, it was a little old and the paint was peeling a little but it was cheap! I showed it to my dad Saturday morning; he kind of got this smile on his face and said, “That would be pretty nice.” He told me to write down the address of the dealership. I did and we drove off to Ogden to go look at it. We stopped at a stoplight and I looked out the window and saw it parked right in front of the dealership. It was the best! We pulled into the lot and got out of the car and walked over to it. Yeah the paint was peeling a little and the leather seats were a little cracked, but I loved it. A salesman came out with the key and we stared it up. It started fine then after a minute of it running it started to smell a little like a strong lawnmower exhaust gassy smell. We got in it to go on a test drive and when my dad put it into gear it started to shake and rattle and bounce. We looked at each other and laughed as we drove it away on the test run. The salesman in the back seat laughed and said, “Well this car needs a tune up really bad!” I asked if the sunroof worked and he said no. But I pushed the button anyway and it opened up anyway. We laughed again and we drove the smelly, bouncy, shaky, car down the road with the sunroof open. Then I noticed that the car was flashing a sign that said, “Left taillight not working.” There were just to many things wrong with it. After we were finished playing with it and got back to the lot. The owner car lot came out laughing and said, “I wouldn’t touch that car with a 10 foot pole!” He went on to say that the car had not passed inspection and emissions by the state. Also it had a bunch of loose and missing parts in the engine and suspension. Too bad too cause I really liked the car. It would have been a great sixteen car if it worked. Ha Ha. I just guess I will have to keep looking around.

No comments: